Well guys… this is it. We’re locked and loaded. Super Bowl Sunday is just days away and we’re ready to roll. We’ve got a menu to rival all menus and we’re only missing one thing…Nacho Loaded Potato Skins.
Nacho Loaded Potato Skins. I mean whaaaaaaat? What is happening. It’s basically the end all, be all to game day snack. Imagine a crispy potato skin stuffed with refried beans, bacon, topped with cheese, salsa, guacamole, and chives. Can you dig it? I mean, I ate all mine with sour cream on top too, because why not?
These are amazing. And you 100% have to serve them or bring them to your Super Bowl party on Sunday. People will be singing your praises all year long and finding any excuse to invite you over. People might even forget there is a football game on and just hang out around the table with these bites – or maybe that’s just me. Does it get any better than carbs, cheese, bacon and guacamole all rolled into one amazing potato skin? I think not.
Nacho Loaded Potato Skins
- 12 Dutch Yellow Baby Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Chipotle Guacamole
- 1 cup Chipotle salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- Sour cream, as needed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drizzle the whole potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- While the potatoes are baking, cook off 6 pieces of bacon until crispy and then set aside to cool. Once cooled, roughly chop the bacon.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and let cool until they are cool enough to handle. Cut the potatoes in half, and scoop out a most of the inside of the potato, leaving about 1/4 inch remaining.
- Crank the oven up to 450 degrees F.
- Place the cut potatoes back onto the baking sheet, cut side up. Lightly drizzle the tops with the remaining olive oil and a sprinkle of garlic powder and red pepper flakes and place them back into the oven for about 5-10 more minutes. Flip them onto their other side and bake for another 10 minutes before removing them from the oven.
- Arrange the potatoes on the baking sheet, cut side up. Spoon equal amounts of refried beans into each potato, followed by equal parts bacon and shredded cheese. Place the potato skins back into the oven for 3-4 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven and top them with salsa, guacamole, sour cream, scallions, chives or whatever else you’d like to top them with and serve immediately.