Ingredients: 2 tablespoons olive oil,1 medium onion, chopped,1 cup chopped celery,2 cloves garlic, minced,2 tablespoons minced ginger, or more to taste,6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth,5 cups peeled and roughly chopped carrots (about 15 medium carrots),1½ cups diced sweet potato,2 sprigs fresh thyme,¾ teaspoons kosher salt,¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper,Tart green apple, julienned (pictured),Sweet and Spicy Roasted Pumpkins Seeds,Croutons (may not be gluten free)
- In a Dutch oven or stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and celery, and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable broth, carrots, sweet potato, thyme sprigs, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook over low heat until vegetables start to break down, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Blend with an immersion blender for desired consistency.
- Serve immediately. The soup may be refrigerated in airtight containers for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.