Everyone loves the classic oatmeal creme pie, but once you’ve been introduced to these Oatmeal Creme Pie Gooey Bars, you’ll never want to go back!
Guys. I am so ready for fall.
Michael’s already has Halloween decorations out. QVC is selling sweaters and boots. And I am over here in my bathing suit cursing the triple-digit temps and praying for sweet, cool relief.
I know some of you are angrily clutching your flip flops in defiance, desperate to keep summer as long as possible… but I am so not that person.
OUR LATEST VIDEOS
So if you don’t mind me, I am going to dive into fall recipes straightaway!
However, these Oatmeal Creme Pie Gooey Bars are not super fall-y, and they’d be excellent with ice cream on top. Just saying! See, I’m all about compromising 🙂
As a kid, I always made sure my Grammie Pat had a completely stocked snack cabinet complete with soft and pillowy oatmeal creme pies. I usually rotated between Star Crunch (love!) and OCP’s (what the cool kids call ’em), but I always came back to oatmeal creme pies. There’s something so homey and warming about the flavors of those little sandwiches.
These bars take on the same classic flavors of regular oatmeal creme pies but in a gooey, chewy, almost deep-dish kinda bar. A soft and chewy oatmeal spice cookie base is topped and fully loaded with chopped oatmeal creme pies, butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips, and sinfully delicious sweetened condensed milk, which brings everything together in one gooey hug.
With notes of heartwarming cinnamon, freshly grated nutmeg and just the right amount of brown sugary sweetness, these bars are the perfect transition into comforting fall flavors… but I won’t judge you if you serve them with a big scoop of vanilla or salted caramel ice cream to savor summer a little longer!
Oatmeal Creme Pie Gooey Bars
Author: Hayley Parker, The Domestic Rebel
Recipe type: Bars
These Oatmeal Creme Pie Gooey Bars are completely incredible! Soft and chewy with heartwarming and comforting oatmeal spice flavors, they taste just like the classic but in a thick and gooey bar!
- One box spice cake mix
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- 8 oatmeal creme pies, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup butterscotch chips
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- One 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 by 13-inch baking pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Spray the foil liberally with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, melted butter, egg, and old-fashioned oats and stir together until combined and a thick dough has come together. Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 12 minutes, then remove from the oven but keep the oven on.
- Sprinkle the top of the crust evenly with the chopped oatmeal creme pies and both butterscotch and white chocolate chips. Pour the condensed milk evenly over the top. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 18-20 minutes or until the top is set and bubbly.
- Cool the bars in the pan completely to room temperature before cutting and serving.
Hearty oats, fresh cinnamon, and lots of gooey oatmeal creme pie goodness in every bite!
Have a super sweet day!