One-pan Beef Stroganoff
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 35 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes Servings: 4
An easy version of stroganoff made with ground beef in one-pan!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered or sliced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced (~1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried dill (optional)
- 2 teaspoons paprika*
- 4 cups beef broth
- 8 ounces egg noodles, uncooked (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (or soy sauce or tamari)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add the mushrooms and cook, about 10 minutes, before setting aside.
- Add the beef on onion to the pan and cook, breaking the meat apart as it cooks, until cooked through, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the garlic, thyme, dill and paprika, mix in and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the mushrooms, broth, noodles, mustard, worcestershire sauce, and fish sauce, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, cover and cook until the noodles are tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- Mix in the sour cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Option: Use thinly sliced strips of steak instead of ground beef.
Option: Use hot smoked paprika!
Option: Sprinkle 2 tablespoons flour (or rice flour for gluten-free) into the pan along with the garlic, thyme, dill and paprika to help thicken the sauce.
Option: Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.