One-pan Cheesy Beefy Pasta
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes Servings: 6
An easy to make one-pan beef pasta in a tasty tomato sauce with plenty of melted cheese!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces pasta (such as shells) (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato puree (or tomato sauce)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese, warmed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook the beef and onion in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, breaking the meat apart as it cooks, until cooked through, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the garlic, oregano, basil, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper, mix and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the pasta, broth, tomato puree, Worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the pasta is tender, about 8 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, mix in the cheese and let it melt.
Option: Replace the oregano, basil, parsley and thyme with 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning.
Option: Replace the cream cheese with 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream.
Option: Use your favourite melty cheese!