Pecan Pie Muffins have all the flavors of pecan pie in a sweet muffin that works as perfectly as a side dish as it does dessert!
Love a sweet bread that works as an unexpected side dish? Try my Southern Pecan Bread too!
Pecan Pie Muffins Have All the Flavors Of the Classic Pie!
We all now that Pecan Pie is a classic dessert…but the flavor profile works so well in all sorts of other recipes! Of course, make sure to try my Pecan Pie Recipe if you like to stay classic, but if you want to mix things up, these Pecan Pie Muffins are REALLY FUN!
Pecan Pie Muffins Can Be Dessert, Breakfast, Or A Sweet Side Dish!
Pecan Pie Muffins are going to be your new favorite sweet treat or an unexpected side dish. Think about these at your holiday table paired along side turkey and mashed potatoes or even along side a plate of BBR Ribs! Leave out the chocolate if you want to enjoy these with dinner, but as breakfast or dessert chocolate makes these extra sweet!
- chopped pecans
- light brown sugar
- all purpose flour
- vanilla extract
- mini chocolate chips
- Liberally coat cupcake liners or a muffin tin with nonstick spray.The amount of sugar in this recipe can cause the muffins to stick to paper liners, so make sure you’re greasing them properly!
- Combine the pecans, brown sugar, and flour in a large bowl and then add in the melted butter, vanilla, and eggs until evenly incorporated. Lastly, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin tins with batter evenly and bake for 20 – 25 minutes. These muffins don’t rise too much, so you can fill the liners up almost to the top.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Can You Leave Out the Chocolate?
Yep, absolutely! And if you’re serving these as a side dish you might prefer them without the chocolate! The recipe will remain the same otherwise!
These muffins are totally versatile! Here are my serving suggestions:
- For breakfast! I mean they are muffins after all!
- As a side dish. It might seems crazy, but if you leave out the chocolate chips, these make a sweet bread that can pair great with your holiday meal or even a BBQ! Think about them like you would a sweet cornbread…same idea!
- Dessert! I mean they’re based on classic pie with a similar flavor profile, and they are certainly sweet enough to be enjoyed as a sweet treat after dinner!
How To Store:
Of course I love these served warm, but they’re just as good as room temperature! Just store them airtight for up to 3 days at room temperature. You can also freeze them for to to 30 days!