Philly Cheesesteak Soup
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4
A tasty soup with all of the flavours of Philly cheesesteak sandwiches!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered or sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning (or salt and pepper to taste)
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup cheese whiz and/or 4 ounce provolone cheese (deli slices or shredded)
- Cook the beef, onions, peppers and mushrooms in a large saucepan, breaking the beef apart as it cooks, and grain off any excess grease.
- Add the garlic and steak seasoning and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- If using cheese whiz, mix in and enjoy!
- If using provolone either mix it into the soup and let it melt OR divide the soup between oven safe bowls, top with the provolone and place under the oven broiler until the cheese has melted, about 1-2 minutes.
Option: Add a pinch of red pepper flakes along with the garlic for some heat!
Option: Add 8 ounces of pasta and additional 2 cups of beef broth for a pasta version!
Tip: Enjoy with crostini!