Raspberry Iced Tea is just made for sunny porches and lazy afternoons! This sweet tea is fresh and fruity, and can be turned into a spiked iced tea, or kept alcohol-free (depending on your mood). There is nothing better on a hot summer day than spiked raspberry sweet tea!
Raspberry Iced Tea
Raspberry iced tea is one of my favorite drinks for hot days. It’s sweet, fruity, and downright refreshing. It’s even better with the added twist of vodka when you need a cocktail for a crowd!
This spiked sweet tea is the perfect mix of fruity flavor, sugar, and alcohol. It’s not too sweet, but just right. And the raspberry liquor adds such a nice flavor!
Pour a glass over ice, and enjoy the ideal summer cocktail. Sip it on the front porch? Even better! This is summertime bliss. And if you want to skip the alcohol, you can still make a version of this to share with everyone.
Why you’ll love this Spiked Iced Tea Recipe:
- Just right: A sweet tea cocktail that’s just the right level of sweetness!
- Refreshing: This raspberry iced tea will quench your thirst! With deliciously fruity notes from the tangy raspberries.
- Cocktail for a crowd: Serve up a pitcher of this spiked tea at your next summer party. It’s so easy to make!
Iced tea just screams SUMMER! And it’s even better with the flavor of raspberry, and a bit of vodka for a fun twist. It’s truly the perfect drink.
- Tea Bags: Either use 2 family-sized or 8 regular-sized tea bags. I prefer Luzianne for iced tea.
- Sugar: Adjust the amount for your desired level of sweetness.
- Chambord Liquor: This is a berry-flavored liquor that adds real depth (optional).
- Vodka: Use a good-quality vodka for a smoother drink.
- Baking Soda: You only need a pinch!
- Garnish: Mint, raspberries, and orange slices add the perfect final touch.
Trademark note: In the spirit of transparency, please note that some of these ingredients are trademarked products. Luzianne Tea and Chambord liquor are proprietary brands that I want to acknowledge and give credit to.
How to Make Spiked Raspberry Sweet Tea
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Boil water, pour into a pitcher and add tea bags. Let it steep.
- Remove the tea bags, add sugar, baking soda, and stir.
- Optional: add raspberry liqueur and vodka.
- Let the tea cool, and serve over ice with a garnish.
Can I make this without alcohol?
Absolutely! This raspberry iced tea is so delicious, even without the alcohol. If you want to make a family-friendly version, just skip the vodka and Chambord.
This leaves you with perfectly brewed sweet tea. You can make a raspberry simple syrup to replace the liqueur to add that fruity flavor. Or just add more fresh berries to serve, or while brewing.
A pinch of baking soda makes a world of difference in a pitcher of freshly brewed sweet tea. It neutralizes the tannins in black tea, giving it a smoother taste.
We use vodka to “spike” this raspberry tea. You can use a different kind if you prefer, but I think vodka creates a nice smooth flavor for this cocktail.
This recipe makes about 8 servings, which is perfect for a smaller gathering. You can easily increase the amount by brewing more tea bags, then separating the tea into multiple pitchers to make more.
Yes, we use black tea, which contains caffeine.
Raspberry sweet tea is perfect for every occasion. Make a batch for hot summer afternoons, or bring some to the next cookout.
- Make this sweet raspberry iced tea spiked or not, depending on your mood, or who will be drinking it.
- Use more tea bags if you want to make a larger batch, then dilute with more water in multiple pitchers.
- Add as much or as little sugar as you like to create the perfect sweet tea.
- Garnish each glass with fresh raspberries, strawberries, orange slices, or mint leaves.
- Make a big pitcher, and keep it in the fridge until it’s gone. The hotter the day, the faster it goes, in my experience.
Doesn’t this drink just scream SUMMER? There’s nothing more refreshing or satisfying than good sweet tea. Or, like I said, the spiked raspberry kind!
How long do you steep iced tea?
You control the strength of the tea by changing the steep time. Fifteen minutes is a good amount to let the tea bags soak in the hot water. But if you like really strong (or weaker) tea, you can easily adjust the time accordingly.
How much sugar is in this spiked raspberry sweet tea?
There are one and a half cups of sugar in this recipe for raspberry iced tea. You can adjust the amount to suit your taste. If you prefer a sweeter tea, add a little more. You can even skip the sugar altogether if you like.
Raspberry sweet iced tea is just so refreshing and flavorful, with or without alcohol! I love making the spiked iced tea for parties, and then a batch of regular sweet tea for dinner. It’s always so delicious.
More Refreshing Summer Cocktails to Try
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!