Summer holidays are around the corner which means your delicious grilled burgers and fresh pasta salads need the perfect party companion. Say hello to my brand new super refreshing, gorgeous frozen strawberry margarita recipe that’s guaranteed to bring the party this summer.
All I can say is one sip and I was OBSESSED. This strawberry marg is perfectly sweet, a little tart, and blends up SO thick and delicious. Time to put that pre-made margarita mix away forever — this recipe is bursting with fresh, juicy strawberry flavor. I mean, just look at that color!
We’ve been having so much fun making quick & easy recipe videos for you like these juice cubes for mimosas and knew these frozen strawberry margs would be an amazing way to use strawberries this season. What should we make next?!
Get all of our tips for making them within the post and remember to double or triple the recipe to serve a crowd!
Everything you’ll need to make this frozen strawberry margarita
You seriously only need 4 super simple ingredients to make the best frozen strawberry margaritas ever. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Strawberries: be sure to use frozen strawberries to keep the margaritas cold and slushy.
- Tequila: I recommend using silver tequila in this frozen strawberry margarita recipe because it has a lighter, cleaner flavor that pairs well with berries.
- Sweetener: you’ll need just a couple of tablespoons of sweetener to give the margaritas the perfect flavor. No triple sec necessary! Feel free to use agave or simple syrup, and see below to learn how to easily make simple syrup at home.
- Lime juice: add brightness and acidity with some fresh lime juice.
- For serving: you’ll need a lime wedge, sugar or salt to rim your glass if you’d like, plus fresh strawberries for a pretty garnish!
Should I add ice?
The frozen strawberries should keep this margarita cold and thick, but if the mixture is looking too thin simply blend in a few ice cubes.
More delicious fruit options
We LOVED how the strawberries turned out in this frozen margarita, but you could also try using:
Be sure the fruits are frozen, and let us know in the comments how the recipe turns out!
Easy DIY simple syrup for margaritas
Simple syrup is super easy to make right at home! To make it you’ll simply shake equal parts granulated sugar and water together in a jar for about 1-2 minutes until the sugar dissolved. In this recipe, 2 tablespoons of each would be enough for 2 of these frozen strawberry margaritas.
You pick: salty or sweet
Make these frozen strawberry margaritas extra fancy with a salt or sugar rim! Simply cut a wedge from a lime and rub the cut side of the lime along the rim of your favorite margarita glasses. Pour sea salt or sugar on a plate, dip the wet glass rim into the salt or sugar, then roll the glass rim side to side to coat it. So easy! Bonus points if you have both options for guests to choose from.
How to make a frozen strawberry margarita
- Prep your glasses. Start by rimming your glasses with either salt or sugar (as described above).
- Blend your margarita. Next, add the rest of your ingredients to a blender and blend on high until smooth. If the margarita mixture is looking thin, simply add a few ice cubes and blend again.
- Pour & serve. Pour your frozen strawberry margaritas into glasses, garnish with fresh strawberries and serve!
Want to serve a crowd?
Feel free to simply double, triple or quadruple this frozen margarita recipe to serve more people! You’ll likely just need to make it in batches in your blender.
Check out our favorite cocktail making tools
- This is the high powered blender I use
- I love using this hand juicer for all things juicing
- Cute cocktail glasses like these
Get all of our go-to kitchen essentials here!
More drinks & cocktails
Get more drink recipes here!
I hope you love this frozen strawberry margarita recipe! If you make it be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Frozen Strawberry Margarita
Gorgeous frozen strawberry margarita made with 4 simple ingredients for a fun, refreshing summer cocktail! This easy frozen strawberry margarita recipe takes just 5 minutes to make and is perfect for summer parties, BBQs, date nights and girls’ nights. Double or triple to serve a crowd!
- For the margarita:
(4 ounces) silver tequila
(1-1.5 ounces) agave or simple syrup, depending on how sweet you like it
(2 ounces) freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 3 limes)
- Optional: a few ice cubes (if the mixture looks too thin)
- For serving:
- Fresh lime for rimming the glass & garnishing
- Sugar or salt for rimming the glass
- Optional: Fresh strawberries for garnishing
Start by preparing your glasses: Add salt or sugar to a small plate. Use a lime wedge to wet the rim of the glass, then dip the rim of the glass in the salt or sugar, rolling from side to side until well coated.
Add frozen strawberries, tequila, agave (or simple syrup) and lime juice to a high powered blender and blend on high until smooth. If the mixture is looking thin, add a few ice cubes. You may need to use your blender tamper to get everything moving!
Pour into the rimmed glasses and garnish with strawberries if desired. Serves 2-3. Cheers!
Servings: 2 servings
Serving size: 1 margarita
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by Eat Love Eats