Ingredients: 2 cups baby arugula (chopped),1/8 tsp chilli powder,1 cup fresh cranberries,½ cup green onions (whites only),1 tbsp. lemon grass (chopped),1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil,1 tbsp. greens onion (greens for garnishing),1 cup red quinoa,Salt to taste,¼ cups unsweetened coconut milk,4 cups vegetable broth,1 tbsp. white sugar
- Combine cranberries, arugula and vegetable broth in a sauce pan and bring them to boil.
- Remove the sauce pan from the flame and let stock cool for a while.
- In the meantime, heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium flame.
- Add whites of green onion, lemon grass and cook for couple of minutes.
- The moment you get the aroma of lemon grass add quinoa and saut well.
- When the stock cools down blend it smooth. Then strain it.
- Pour the stock into the pan of quinoa and mix well.
- Boil for 2 -3 minutes and add salt, chilli powder and sugar.
- Mix again and after couple of more boils add coconut milk and mix.1
- Turn off the flame, garnish with some greens of the green onions and serve immediately.