This filling and hearty Savory Breakfast Bowl is made with potatoes, eggs, veggies, and avocado. It’s the perfect way to start the day or can be enjoyed for a healthy lunch or dinner.
I love one bowl meals, even for breakfast! This Savory Breakfast Bowl recipe is hearty, healthy, and the perfect way to start any day. Although, you can eat it for lunch or dinner, it really is good anytime of the day. It will keep your belly full and very happy:)
This satisfying bowl is simple to make and easy to customize. I like to fill my bowl with everything bagel roasted potatoes, sautéed spinach, fresh tomatoes, eggs, a little bit of cheese, and avocado. I also like to add an extra sprinkle of everything bagel seasoning and salsa on the side is a must for me! All of my favorites in ONE bowl!
How to Make
It’s just a couple steps to this filling and healthy breakfast! I promise you won’t regret making these tomorrow morning.
- I like to make these breakfast bowls when we have leftover everything bagel roasted potatoes. Reheat the potatoes and in a skillet, oven, or air-fryer. You can also make fresh potatoes if you don’t have leftovers.
- Start with a small skillet, medium heat, and a little olive oil. Add garlic and cook it for 30 seconds before tossing in spinach and tomatoes. These will take just 2 or 3 minutes to soften!
- Cook your eggs however you like them: scrambled, fried, or soft-boiled.
- Now combine everything together: potatoes, veggies, and eggs. Season with salt and pepper, herbs and cheese, or extra Everything Bagel seasoning!
Customize Your Bowl
The beauty of these bowls is they are super flexible! Here are some options for making a different bowl for everyone’s tastes:
- Potatoes: I love using our Everything Bagel Roasted Potatoes, but regular breakfast potatoes, hash browns, or even sweet potatoes are tasty!
- Eggs: Try scrambled, fried, or soft boiled eggs. You can even use hard-boiled eggs, my favorite if I am running late and need to grab a hard-boiled egg from the fridge.
- Cheese: Cheese is optional, but so good:) I like crumbled feta or a little Parmesan, but Havarti, Pepper jack, or cheddar would all be delicious in here. You can also use a sprinkling of nutritional yeast if you don’t want to do cheese.
- Greens: I like spinach, but kale would also be great in these breakfast bowls.
- Meat: If you want to add meat, cooked sausage, bacon, or chorizo would be good.
- Herbs: If you have fresh herbs, add them. Chives, parsley, or basil are all good options.
- Spice: Top with salsa or hot sauce for a little extra flavor!
I think these Savory Breakfast Bowls make a great meal on their own! If you want to add some sides, I suggest fruit or juice as a bright addition.
More Bowl Recipes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- ½ cup Everything Bagel Potatoes
- 1 to 2 eggs (fried, scrambled, soft boiled, whatever your preference)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Sprinkle of feta cheese or nutritional yeast, optional
- Fresh herbs such as parsley, chives, or basil, if desired
- Hot sauce or salsa, optional
In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds. Add spinach and tomatoes; cook, stirring often, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
Cook eggs to your desired preference, fried, scrambled, or soft boiled.
Combine potatoes, spinach, tomatoes, avocado, and egg in a bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Garnish with feta cheese or nutritional yeast and herbs, if using. You can also sprinkle extra everything bagels seasoning on top. Serve warm with a few dashes of hot sauce, if desired.
You can easily double or triple this recipe to make more bowls.
Savory Breakfast Bowl
Amount Per Serving
Calories 272 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2g10%
Vitamin A 6558IU131%
Vitamin C 36mg44%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Photos by Dishing Out Health
Thanks for Sharing!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating and comment below! You can also share a picture on Instagram! Tag @twopeasandpod and use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod.