Ingredients: 1 tablespoon butter,3 cloves garlic, minced,2 bunchs of kale (chard, beet greens…),1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil,1 tablespoon Red wine vinegar,Salt and pepper,16 large sea scallops,2 shallots, sliced thin,1 tablespoon soy sauce,3 slices of thick-cut bacon cut into pieces
- Slice the kale stems into thin pieces and the leaves into larger strips.
- Heat a large, deep pan to medium-high.
- Add the bacon a cook 3-4 minutes. Then add the shallots and cook until soft3 more minutes.Next add the garlic, and kale STEMS.Cook another 4-5 minutes before adding the leaves. Toss until wilted over the heat.
- Add the soy sauce, vinegar, then salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
- Heat an iron skillet to high. Dry the scallops thoroughly, then salt and pepper.
- Add the oil to the pan and swirl around. When it starts to smoke, quickly add the scallops.Cook on high for about 1-2 minutes.Flip the scallops and add the butter. Spoon the butter over the scallops as they cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve over warm greens.