This Sheet Pan Curry Butter Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Tahini is a flavorful way to easily enjoy Middle Eastern flavors at home. Harissa and yellow curry seasoned chicken roasted with sweet potatoes, shallots, garlic, chickpeas, lemon, and butter. Finish the meal off with crumbled feta cheese and tangy, salty, olives. Then you must do warm naan on the side! So simple and delicious.
The way I work and the way I develop recipes is just chaos. This recipe is the perfect example. Sometimes I’ll start a recipe and I just get bored. It’s not flavorful enough or too similar to something I’ve already made. There are so many reasons I don’t follow through with every recipe I set out to make.
But it’s the recipes that I sit and stare at, then frantically develop because I’m always in a time crunch, that are my favorites.
I did just that with this sheet pan dinner. It was chaos, it involved a trip to the store, and made me stressed. But, I’m happy to say, I’m so excited to share this very easy, but oh-so flavorful recipe with you all. I just know it’s going to be one of my new go-to’s.
The beauty of a sheet pan dinner is that typically, they’re pretty darn easy to throw together. It’s why we love them so much! But what’s special about this specific sheet pan dinner? Well, cooking everything together on one pan actually allows for more flavor to penetrate everything from the chicken to the potatoes, and all the yummy crispy chickpeas.
And really, this sheet pan dinner is simple. The main ingredient is Moroccan Harissa sauce. I usually buy mine at Whole Foods, but most major grocery stores carry the jarred red sauce.
It’s made of peppers and middle eastern spices. We love it.
Here are the details
Add the chicken to a large sheet pan, I usually use a mix of similar size breasts and thighs. Rub them with olive oil and then the harissa, which is yellow curry powder made with turmeric, honey, salt, and pepper.
To the same sheet pan, add the sweet potatoes, chickpeas, shallots, garlic, and a few pats of butter, plus the juice from a lemon.
Throw the pan in the oven to roast. One and done, EASY.
While the chicken and potatoes cook, I like to mix olives with a handful of fresh herbs and lemon juice. It’s a tangy fresh topping that really enhances a sheet pan dinner.
If you want to add even more flavor, chop up the roasted garlic and lemon from the sheet pan and mix them in with the olives. I usually do this and it’s very yummy, so I highly recommend!
And that’s pretty much it. When the chicken comes out of the oven, I add the feta and olives. I like to let the feta sit on the pan and really soak up the flavors of the sauces.
With the potatoes already baked on the pan, I don’t find anything else is needed, which is so nice! Very simple dinners really are the best. Especially when they’re wholesome and full of color.
Oh wait, there is one more thing. You can also add a nice drizzle of tahini, I do really LOVE that.
It’s not always easy to please the whole crew, but this meal did just that. Which should say something about the deliciousness of this recipe!
Hope you all enjoy!
Looking for other weeknight dinner recipes? Here are some favorites:
Skillet Chicken Adobo with Coconut Rice
Creamy Thai Turmeric Chicken and Noodles
Folded Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wraps
30 Minute Spicy Indian Butter Chicken
Sheet Pan Sticky Ginger Soy Chicken and Broccoli
Sheet Pan Chipotle Salmon Tacos with Pineapple Jalapeño Salsa.
Lastly, if you make this Sheet Pan Curry Butter Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Tahini, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Sheet Pan Curry Butter Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Tahini
Calories Per Serving: 540 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Shop ingredients at your local Target store. Learn more
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red Harissa sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 2 teaspoons honey
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas, drained
- 3 shallots, halved
- 1 head garlic, cloves lightly smashed
- 4 tablespoons butter, sliced
- 1 lemon, halved, then juiced
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta
- 3/4 cup green olives, smashed
- 2 cups mixed cilantro, dill, and or mint, chopped
- 1-2 pepperoncini, chopped
- lemon tahini and sesame seeds
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425° F.2. On a large, rimmed baking sheet, toss the chicken with 2 tablespoons olive oil, harissa, curry powder, honey, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Add the sweet potatoes, chickpeas, shallots, and garlic. Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Arrange everything in an even layer, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Add the butter and lemon halves.3. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking until the chicken is cooked and the potatoes are tender.4. Meanwhile, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, olives, mixed herbs, and pepperoncini.5. Remove the charred lemon and garlic cloves from the baking sheet. Finely chop 1/2 the lemon, discarding any seeds. Chop the garlic. Add both to the olives. Season with salt and pepper. 6. Break the feta over the chicken, then add the olive mix. Drizzle with tahini and sesame seeds. ENJOY.
Lemon Tahini: in a bowl, combine 1/2 cup tahini, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, and 2-4 tablespoons of lemon juice. Add 1/4-1/2 cup water to thin. Season with sea salt.