Sheet Pan Pesto Gnocchi is a favorite weeknight dinner! It’s loaded with tasty vegetables, flavorful pesto, and comes together in no time. It’s a dinner winner every time!
Easy Gnocchi Recipe
Sheet Pan Gnocchi is one of those recipes that always hits the spot! Most busy families I know love having a meal like this in their rotation: it’s cost-effective, loaded with fresh vegetables, and prepares with minimal stress or planning. Home gardeners may even have many of these veggies right in their backyard! This is a great dinner recipe for summertime.
What is Gnocchi?
If you haven’t had gnocchi before, let me fill you in. Gnocchi means “lumps” in Italian and is a popular Italian dish. I fell in love with gnocchi when I traveled to Italy years ago and now our entire family loves it!
Gnocchi are small dumplings made with cooked, mashed potatoes and flour. When the small potato dumplings are cooked, they transform into light, fluffy pillows. Gnocchi can be made from scratch, but if you want to save time, you can buy fresh, frozen, or dried gnocchi at the grocery store. I like to use dried gnocchi for this recipe, DeLallo is our favorite brand. You can also use gluten-free gnocchi, if you need the recipe to be gluten-free.
Easy Weeknight Dinner
You’re going to be shocked by just how easy this recipe is. The pesto adds that perfect Italian flavor! You can use your favorite store-bought variety, or if you prefer a homemade pesto, try my Spinach Basil Pesto recipe. It is the BEST! I love making pesto in bulk and freezing it so I always have some on hand when a recipe like this one calls for it!
You’re looking at 35 minutes start to finish, but 25 of those are in-the-oven time! Like I said, this recipe for sheet pan gnocchi couldn’t be quicker or easier and it’s a total crowd pleaser and kid pleaser. My boys LOVE this easy dinner recipe!
How to Make Sheet Pan Pesto Gnocchi
- Preheat the oven to 425 and prep your sheet pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying with nonstick spray. The foil makes clean up a breeze!
- Remove your gnocchi from the package and separate any that are stuck together. This is important so every piece cooks evenly!
- Spread the gnocchi and all of the veggies (tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, and onions) on your baking sheet.
- Pour ½ cup of the pesto over the gnocchi and veggies and toss until everything is coated evenly. It’s already smelling amazing, right?! Ensure everything is in an even layer on the pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway through. You’ll know it’s ready when the tomatoes are about to burst and the gnocchi is slightly crisp but still soft!
- Remove everything from the pan, drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons of pesto, and garnish with parmesan. You can also add red pepper flakes and basil leaves at this point if you choose!
- Serve your sheet pan gnocchi right away. It’s delicious warm and right out of the oven!
- We rarely have leftovers, but if you do, keep them in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days! Reheat in the microwave.
More Sheet Pan Recipes:
uncooked potato gnocchi
red bell pepper,
yellow bell pepper,
basil pesto, plus 2 tablespoons
freshly shaved parmesan cheese,
Crushed red pepper flakes,
Fresh basil leaves,
for garnish, optional
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Line a large sheet pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
Remove the gnocchi from the package and make sure none of the gnocchi are stuck together. Spread the gnocchi, tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, and onions on the baking sheet. Pour 1/2 cup of the basil pesto over the gnocchi and vegetables. Toss until the gnocchi and vegetables are well coated in the pesto. Spread the gnocchi and vegetables in an even layer on the sheet pan.
Place the pan in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, tossing once half way through. The tomatoes should be soft and about ready to burst and the gnocchi should be soft and slightly crisp.
Remove the pan from the oven and drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of pesto. Garnish with Parmesan cheese. Divide the gnocchi onto plates or bowls and garnish with crushed red pepper flakes and basil leaves, if using.
Sheet Pan Pesto Gnocchi
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15g
Saturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrates 54g
Dietary Fiber 6g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
dinner, easy, sheet pan
Photos by Dishing Out Health