Smoky Cauliflower Tacos- Roasted cauliflower tacos with a simple, smoky chipotle sauce. These easy vegetarian tacos are full of flavor and a great way to mix up taco night!
Smoky Cauliflower Tacos
Roasted cauliflower is one of my very favorite vegetables. I love eating a pan of roasted cauliflower with any meal, but I also love turning my favorite vegetable into the main meal.
If you’ve had my Roasted Cauliflower Chickpea Tacos, you know cauliflower is BOMB in tacos. I decided to mix things up and make Smoky Cauliflower Tacos. Get ready, because the flavors are incredible! The cauliflower gets roasted with smoked paprika and other spices AND the tacos have a special chipotle sauce that is made with chipotle in adobo for a nice smoky kick.
These easy vegetarian tacos are a fun and healthy way to mix up taco night. The flavors will wow you and you will be begging to make them every Taco Tuesday!
How to Make Cauliflower Tacos
These tacos are so easy to make because the oven does most of the work. While the cauliflower is roasting, you can make the chipotle sauce and get all of your taco toppings ready! Let’s do this, it’s taco time!
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Pro tip, line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up. This extra step will make your life easier.
- Place the cauliflower florets (make sure they are the same size so they will cook evenly) in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Toss well. Sprinkle the smoked paprika, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt over the cauliflower and stir until all of the cauliflower florets are well coated in the seasonings.
- Place the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Roast for 15 minutes and stir the cauliflower. Roast for an additional 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and slightly crisp. Remove from the oven.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, make the chipotle sauce. I use plain Greek yogurt for the sauce because I love it and we always have it in the fridge, but you can use sour cream or mayo if that is more up your alley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the plain Greek yogurt, lime juice, chipotle in adobo sauce, smoked paprika, and salt. If the sauce isn’t spicy enough add more chipotle in adobo sauce and whisk again. Two teaspoons is the perfect amount of heat and smokiness for us. You can keep the chipotle sauce in the fridge for up to one week, so you can make it in advance.
- To assemble the tacos, top a warm corn tortilla with roasted cauliflower, beans, cabbage, red onion, cilantro, and avocado. Drizzle with chipotle sauce and serve immediately.
What to Serve with Tacos
If you want to add some sides to go with your tacos. Here are a few of our favorites!
The next time you are craving tacos, give these Smoky Cauliflower Tacos a try! They are seriously SO good! Enjoy!
More Taco Recipes
For the tacos:
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ¼ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
For the chipotle sauce:
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt, can use sour cream or mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chipotle in adobo sauce
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 8 Corn tortillas, warmed
- 15 oz Pinto beans or black beans, rinsed, drained, and warmed
- Red cabbage, thinly sliced
- Thinly sliced red onion or pickled red onions
- Fresh cilantro
Smoky Cauliflower Tacos
Amount Per Serving
Calories 324 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2g10%
Vitamin A 518IU10%
Vitamin C 71mg86%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
gluten free, vegetarian
Photos by Dishing Out Health
Thanks for Sharing!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating and comment below! You can also share a picture on Instagram! Tag @twopeasandpod and use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod.