Ingredients: 6 ounces (or half a standard package) whole wheat linguine,2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil,1/2 cup yellow or white onion, diced,1 clove garlic, minced,2 cups swiss chard, roughly chopped,3/4 cup garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed& drained,1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder,sea salt& ground black pepper to taste
- Boil linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute onion and garlic 3-5 minutes, then add swiss chard.
- Stir and saute another 3 minutes and add garbanzo beans.
- Once noodles are cooked al dente, drain and add them to saute pan, tossing together with swiss chard mixture.
- Add garlic powder, salt & pepper.