Ingredients: 1 teaspoon almond extract,1/2 cup brown sugar,1/2 cup brown sugar,1/2 cup canola oil,3/4 cup chocolate chips,1/2 cup dried cherries,1/2 cup dried cranberries,1 egg,1 teaspoon ground cinnamon,1/2 cup honey, real maple syrup, or agave,1 cup chopped nuts (I use pumpkin seeds, almonds, and,1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal,1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal,1/2 teaspoon salt,1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut,1 teaspoon vanilla extract,1/2 cup ground flaxseed or wheat germ,1 cup whole wheat flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients. Make a well in the dry mixture.
- Pour in the oil. Crack the egg in the middle of well and use a spoon or spatula to lightly beat the egg and break the yoke.
- Pour in the honey and mix all the dry ingredients well. There shouldnt be any dry ingredients. If the mixture seems too dry add up to a tablespoon more of oil and a tablespoon of honey or other liquid sweetener.Oil the muffin tin well. Spoon the granola mixture into the muffin tin, packing it down with the spoon. Make sure to firmly pack the mixture so it will stay together after it has baked.
- Bake for 20-25 min. until the edges are just starting to brown. Allow the granola cakes to cool completely. Flip the muffin tin over on to a baking sheet and gently tap the bottoms of the muffins so they will release.