My Pumpkin Cookies literally melt in your mouth. Soft and sweet, topped with brown sugar icing these are like little bites of pumpkin pie.
Love Pumpkin? Make sure to try out my Pumpkin Dump Cake!
My Pumpkin Cookies Are One Of My Most Beloved Cookie Recipes!
I’ve been making these cookies for years and years and they are easily the most requested pumpkin recipe on my site from friends and family. Whether it’s the soft pumpkin cookie dotted with creamy white chocolate, or the rich brown sugar icing on top…or heck the perfect combination of the two, I believe they are the most perfect pumpkin cookie recipe ever.
Pumpkin Cookies With Brown Sugar Icing…OH MY!
So let’s skip past the actual cookie part of this situation for a second. The brown sugar icing is what makes this cookie recipe so spectacular. Of course, yes the cookie is amazing, but the brown sugar icing adds a slight caramel/butterscotch flavor that pairs beautifully with the pumpkin pie spice.
- granulated sugar
- light brown sugar
- pumpkin puree
- pumpkin pie spice
- kosher salt
- baking powder
- baking soda
- all purpose flour
- white chocolate chips
- Mix the butter, granulated and brown sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Then add in the egg, vanilla, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and mix for 1 minute until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary, making sure to get it all mixed in!
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined. Stir in the white chocolate chip until evenly incorporated.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10- 12 minutes until the edges are slightly golden. Allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
What If You Don’t Like White Chocolate?
You can omit the white chocolate completely if you really don’t like it, add a little less or even use semi-sweet chocolate chips in its place!
Do You Have To Put Frosting On These Cookies?
Like I stated above, you can absolutely omit the icing, but you shouldn’t. It’s what really sets these cookies apart! Here’s what you will need:
- light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- In a saucepan melt together the sugar and butter.
- Bring it to a boil and cook for 1 minute, until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool and thicken for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the milk and the powdered sugar until smooth. Alternately you can use a hand mixer for this step.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon on the tops of each cookie and allow to set.
How To Store:
Store these cookies airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days!