What is the main source of protein in this Greek vegan recipe?
Are you a fan of Greek cuisine but looking for plant-based options? Look no further! This recipe is the ultimate Greek vegan dish that is sure to impress your taste buds without sacrificing flavor.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh mint
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut the eggplant into 1-inch cubes and toss with 1/4 cup of olive oil. Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes until tender and golden.
- While the eggplant is cooking, heat the remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, stirring occasionally for around 5 minutes.
- Add the can of chopped tomatoes, dried oregano, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, salt, and black pepper and bring to a simmer. Cook for around 10 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in the cooked eggplant and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes until the eggplant is heated through and coated in sauce.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chopped parsley and mint.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- This dish can be served as a main course with rice or crusty bread on the side or as a tasty appetizer.
- If you don’t have fresh parsley or mint, you can use dried herbs instead.
- This recipe can be made ahead and reheated before serving.
We hope you enjoyed this delicious plant-based Greek recipe. Give it a try and let us know what you think in the comments below!