Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:10 minutes Total Time:20 minutes Servings: 4
Super easy homemade toasted pumpkin seeds! The perfect fall snack!
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds, cleaned and dried
- 1 tablespoon oil or melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked hot paprika
- Toss the pumpkin seeds in oil and salt.
- Place them on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in a preheated 400F/200C oven until golden brown, about 10-20 minutes. They may start to pop but it is ok.
Tip: Gently pull the seeds from the stings and they should come out with minimal strings attached.
Tip: Rinse the seeds in a strainer and then pat dry with towels and a lot of the remaining strings will get stuck to the towels.
Tip: Spread the seeds on a baking sheet overnight to dry completely before roasting.
Option: The seasonings here are just a tasty example! Use your favourite seasonings! Experiment! Have fun! Enjoy!
Note: Roast times will vary depending on the size of the seeds where the smaller the seeds are the less time they will take, so keep an eye on them!
Tip: You can roast the seeds of acorn squash, butternut squash, etc. exactly the same as pumpkin seeds!