Ingredients: 3/4 cup un-sweetened organic apple sauce,2 tablespoons agave nectar,1/2 cup almond butter,1 whole vanilla bean,1 cup old fashioned oats,1 cup brown rice cereal,1/2 cup millet,1/2 cup slivered almonds,1/4 cup flax seeds,1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds,1/2 cup dried cherries,1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips,1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line an 88 inch baking dish with parchment paper, allowing it to hang off the side. Spray with cooking oil. Set aside.
- Slice vanilla bean down the center and using a spoon scrape out the inside.
- Place the scrapings in a medium bowl, discard bean.
- Add apple sauce, agave nectar, and almond butter stirring well to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine, oats, rice cereal, millet, almonds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, dried cherries, chocolate chips and salt.
- Add reserved apple sauce mixture to oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into reserved baking dish and press so it is even and flat.
- Bake for 20 25 minutes, until lightly browned. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Lift sides of parchment paper to release from pan and place on a cooling rack for an additional 10 minutes.
- On a cutting board cut into granola bars.
- Can be stored in the freezer or fridge.