Ingredients: 2 tsp avocado oil or other extra virgin olive oil,½ large head cauliflower (you need 4 cups finely chopped),¾ tsp New Mexico red chili powder,fresh cilantro, chopped,¼ tsp garlic powder,1 Hass avocado,1 tbsp fresh jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped,2 tsp fresh lime juice,1 onion,1 teaspoon salt,1 tomato,2 cups Walnuts (chopped)
- Set the nuts to soak in a bowl of water 2-8 hours before preparing the meat.Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.Finely chop the cauliflower into rice-sized pieces, or pulse in the food processor until the desired consistency. Toss with the oil and spread onto the baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for 18 minutes, stirring halfway through.While the cauliflower rice is cooking, prepare the guacamole and taco meat.
- Cut the avocado into large chunks and place into a small bowl.
- Add the lime juice and mash the avocado to a chunky puree or your preferred consistency. Stir in the cilantro, jalapeno, onion and spices. Set aside.
- Remove the nuts from the water and place into a small food processor. Discard the water. Pulse the nuts until theyve reached a ground meat consistency, I find about 5-7 pulses works.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the salt, cumin, garlic powder, and red chili powder. Set aside.When the cauliflower is done, transfer to a mixing bowl while still warm and stir in the lime, cilantro, and salt.To assemble the bowls, layer 1 cup of the cauliflower rice in a bowl with taco nut meat, a dollop of guacamole, fresh tomatoes, and a sprinkling of fresh cilantro.
- Serve immediately with an additional slice of lime if desired.