White Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Bars
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes Servings: 20
Gingerbread cookies in thick and chewy bar form with white chocolate chips, pieces of candied ginger and a white chocolate cream cheese frosting!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/3 cup candied/crystallized ginger, diced
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered/confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
For the bars:
For the icing (optional):
- Cream the butter and sugar before beating in the molasses, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Mix the dry ingredient mixture into the wet ingredient mixture before mixing in the candied ginger and white chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into a greased (or parchment paper or foil lined) 8×13 inch baking pan and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until a toothpick pushed in the centre comes out clean, about 20 minutes, before setting aside to cool.
- Mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave or over a double boiler and mix it into the cream cheese frosting.
- Spread the cream cheese frosting over the bars, let cool, slice and enjoy!