Ingredients: 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, diced,2 Granny Smith apples, sliced into half-moons,1/4 cup ice water, plus more if necessary,1/4 cup apricot jelly,1/4 cup apricot jelly,1/2 Juice of a lemon,1/2 teaspoon kosher salt,1 zest of 1 lemon,1/4 cup sugar
- For pastry:In a food processor, add the flour, zest, sugar and salt.Pulse a couple of times until flour mixture is combined.
- Add the diced butter and pulse until mixture has texture of coarse corn meal.Slowly drizzle in cup of iced water while processor is on pulse.Stop once dough forms a solid ball.
- Add more water if necessary.Flatten to about 1 inch thick and wrap in saran wrap.
- Place in refrigerator for at least an hour.In the meantime, slice the apples into half moons.
- Place in bowl and mix, gently, with the lemon juice.After an hour, pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the dough from refrigerator and roll out into a rectangle approximately inch thick. Make sure your surface is covered in enough flour as you do not want your dough to stick.Once rolled out, move the dough onto a piece of parchment paper and place on a cookie sheet.Starting from the corner of the dough, make a row of apples on the diagonal.Cover the rest of the dough with apples on the diagonal.
- Sprinkle the apples with cup of sugar.
- Place on middle rack of oven and cook for up to 45 minutes or until the apples are cooked through, juices are bubbling and crust is slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and brush with apricot jelly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.