So, we’re on the tail end of zucchini and tomato season and it’s time to get down to business and talk about Zucchini Noodles with Roasted Tomatoes.
My mom called a few days ago (again) and told me she had picked 7 GIANT zucchinis that day. What? How does that happen? She has a serious green thumb and I’m here like, why did my rosemary and mint just shrivel up and die? And those are 2 herbs that are supposed to stay alive no matter what!?! I’m a plant killer. One day I’ll learn that plants actually need water and when I leave town for days on end, they aren’t going to water themselves.
But today’s not that day, and I’m leaving the “green-thumbing” in our family up to my mom. I’ll just go visit her and raid the garden and pretend that I’m eating the rewards from all of my hard gardening labor.
Anyways…… zucchini. It’s going crazy And I’m literally devestated that tomato season is almost over. So today I’ve got the perfect recipe to use up the last of it before it goes away for the season. Zucchini Noodles. Boom. With blistered tomatoes and grated cheese. Hello? Yes please. I live by handy dandy little spiralizer these days and I’m not sorry about it!
Ever have those nights that you just need to eat something light yet filling because you have to squeeze into a dress the next day or you just want to give you body a bit of a break. Ladies, I know you feel my pain. Guys, I know that totally happens to you all the time. Getting dressed in the morning is tough work and we all just wanna look good. Am I right? This is the answer. It’s a quick and simple lunch or dinner that is going to rock your world. Zucchini Noodles with Roasted Tomatoes.
This crazy addictive Zucchini Noodles with Roasted Tomatoes dish is made up of lightly sautéed zucchini noodles that are with some finely cut onions and garlic, topped with roasted cherry tomatoes that have been in the oven long enough to just barely burst open, and a sprinkle of Pecorino cheese. To.Die.For.
Zucchini Noodles with Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 large zucchini
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Shaved parmesan cheese to serve
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Distribute the cherry tomatoes evenly on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the baking sheet into the oven and roast for 10-15 minutes until the cherry tomatoes just start to burst. Remove the baking sheet and set aside.
- Using a spiralizer, spiralize the zucchini into noodles.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. When hot add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, onions and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini noodles to the onion and garlic mixture and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the cherry tomatoes to the zucchini noodles and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Dust the top of the noodles with the shaved cheese and serve.