Apple and Cheddar Pancakes
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:20 minutes Total Time:30 minutes Servings: 4
Apple pancakes stuffed with huge pockets of melted cheddar cheese, all topped off with a sweet and tangy apple cider maple syrup!
- 6 ounces bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (optional, omit for vegetarian)
- 1 cup all purpose flour (gluten-free flour for gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup milk (or buttermilk)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon melted butter (or mayonnaise)
- 2 tablespoons honey (or brown sugar, or sugar)
- 1 cup apple, peeled, cored and grated or shredded (~1 large apple)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, diced
- apple cider syrup or maple syrup to taste
- Cook the bacon and set it aside.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon before gently mixing in the mixture of the milk, egg, butter and honey followed by the apple, cheddar and bacon.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, optionally with a bit of oil or butter, add 1/4 to 1/3 cup batter and cook until bubbles start to form on the surface, about 1-2 minutes, before flipping and cooking until the bottom is lightly golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Repeat until done.