You’re all well aware of the weekly What’s Gaby Cooking pizza night! I might not post a pizza or flatbread every week on the blog – but you can bet we have it for dinner on the regular. I’m constantly adding new flavor spins to these carb-y treats and today it’s this Bacon and Brussels Sprouts Flatbread!
There are some things in life that go really well together. Cookies and Cream. Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup. Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce… the list goes on. And on that list is Bacon and Brussels Sprouts. Throw that on top of a piece of Stonefire Naan flatbread and add some Fontina cheese and it’s perfection. And easy to whip up too! This flavor combo happens anytime we have leftover Brussels Sprouts which is often because I make them on a weekly basis as part of my meal prep!
What happens if you don’t have leftover Brussels on hand? Any winter-y vegetable would be great here! Roasted Butternut Squash, Broccolini, Pumpkin, Carrots… they all work with the bacon, fontina, flatbread situation! You’ll want to add this into the regular rotation… trust me!
Bacon and Brussels Sprouts Flatbread
- 2 Original Stonefire Naan bread
- Olive oil for brushing
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded fontina cheese
- 1-2 cups roasted brussels sprouts, halved
- 4 slices cooked bacon, broken into bite sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush the tops of the naan bread with the olive oil and sprinkle a few slices of garlic.
- Scatter the tops of the naan with the cheese and Brussels sprouts. Transfer the Stonefire naan in the oven for 6-10 minutes until the cheese is melted. Add the bacon on top and dust with Red pepper flakes and salt and pepper.
- Remove from the oven. Slice on a bias and serve.