Juicy and tender baked sweet & spicy chicken that comes together in 30 minutes with loads of flavor.
Sometimes time gets away from me. It seems like every year my birthday sneaks up on me and suddenly I’m a year older and hardly even noticed. Quick disclaimer: It’s not my birthday. BUT….
It is this blog’s birthday. WOOT WOOT! That’s right, today is Creme de la Crumb’s birthday.
I won’t get all sentimental on you and tell you what this blog means to me (no but really, you have no idea what this blog means and YOU make it all possible so, THANK YOU) but we’re gonna celebrate with flavors I love so much. I love sweet things, and I really really love spicy things, but even more than that I border on obsessed with a good sweet + spicy combo – bring those two flavor nuances together and it’s pure magic in my mouth.
This chicken is quickly browned on the stove, then brushed with sauce and transferred to the oven to be baked to juicy perfection. After that it’s just another smothering of that sweet and spicy sauce and then straight to the dinner table!
Happy Birthday Creme de la Crumb and thank you for sticking around to indulge in all this yummy goodness with me, you guys really are the BEST.
Baked Sweet & Spicy Chicken
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- salt and pepper to taste
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (you could substitute white vinegar)
- ⅓ cup water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a large baking sheet (with a raised side) or casserole dish.
- In a medium sauce pan whisk together all sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 3-4 minutes. While sauce is boiling, season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides, grease a skillet and cook chicken on both sides 1-2 minutes over medium heat, just enough to brown the very outside.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer (not overlapping) on prepared baking sheet. Brush with sauce. (there should still be plenty of sauce leftover – reserve for later). Bake for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Pour remaining sauce over the chicken and serve hot.