Balsamic Caprese Baked Chicken
Prep Time:10 minutes Marinate Time:20 minutes Cook Time:20 minutes Total Time:30 minutes Servings: 4
Balsamic marinated chicken on top of a bed of roasted tomatoes all covered in melted cheese!
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 3 cups tomatoes, sliced or diced
- 1 red onion, sliced or diced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), grates
- Marinate the chicken in half of the balsamic vinaigrette for 20 minutes to overnight.
- Mix the remaining balsamic vinaigrette with the tomatoes and onions and place them in a baking pan before topping with the marinated chicken.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the chicken is cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheeses over the chicken and place under the broiler until the cheese has melted, about 1-2 minutes.
Option: Use chicken thighs.
Option: Garnish with chopped basil or parsley!
Tip: Cook rice or pasta to serve it over while it is baking!
Note: The bake time will vary a little depending on how thick your chicken is. If it is really thick it might need a few more minutes to cook through.