Brown Butter Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats- classic Rice Krispie Treats just got an upgrade with brown butter, Biscoff cookie butter, Biscoff cookies, and a little flaky sea salt. These might be the best Rice Krispie Treats recipe ever!
You are in for a REAL treat today. I think I might have created the best Rice Krispie Treats Recipe EVER! I know, that is a big statement, especially because I think our classic Rice Krispie Treats are PERFECT. But, let me introduce you to my new creation, Brown Butter Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats. WOW is right!
If you’ve been around awhile, you know I love Biscoff everything. Biscoff ice cream, Biscoff snickerdoodles, and Biscoff oatmeal cookies, just to name a few:) I am thrilled to add these Rice Krispie Treats to the list!
So I start with our classic Rice Krispie Treats recipe, but I brown the butter and boy is that a game changer. I also stir in Biscoff cookie butter which is similar to peanut butter in texture but has the flavor of Biscoff cookies (you know, the cookies you get on Delta). It is rich, creamy, and sweet!
I add lots of marshmallows so the treats are nice and gooey, a little sea salt, vanilla, Rice Krispies cereal, and chopped up Biscoff cookies.
The flavors are absolutely INCREDIBLE! Promise me you will make them!
Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats Ingredients
- Butter– I use unsalted butter because I add sea salt to the recipe. Browning the butter brings out the most amazing flavor so don’t skip that step!
- Marshmallows– use mini marshmallows not big marshmallows. You will need a 16 ounce bag AND 2 cups of mini marshmallows.
- Biscoff cookie butter– you can find Biscoff spread at most grocery stores. Look by the peanut butter. You can also buy it online here. I prefer the Lotus brand, but Trader Joe’s cookie butter works well too!
- Vanilla extract– just a splash!
- Sea salt– sweet and salty is the best!
- Rice Krispies Cereal– one box will do the trick!
- Biscoff cookies– the cookies are nice and crunchy! Look for them in the cookie aisle at the grocery store. You can also purchase them here.
- Flaky sea salt– for sprinkling on top, if desired!
How to Make Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats
The treats are no-bake and super easy to make! Maybe even too easy. I want to make them every week, ha! They are that good:)
- You can make the Rice Krispie Treats in a 9×9-inch pan for super thick treats or you can make them in a 9×13-inch pan for regular Rice Krispie Treats. Make sure you grease the pan before getting started. You can also line the pan with parchment paper to make it easier for them to come out of the pan.
- First, brown the butter. Place the butter in a large pot and melt over medium heat, stirring often, until it foams, smells nutty, and browns. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Add the 16 oz bag of mini marshmallows and stir until the marshmallows are completely melted. Don’t over cook them or your RKT will end up hard.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the Biscoff cookie butter, vanilla extract and sea salt.
- Add the Rice Krispies and chopped Biscoff cookies; gently stir until well coated with the marshmallows. Stir in the remaining 2 cups of mini marshmallows.
- Lightly press the mixture into the pan, using a greased spatula. You can also lightly grease your hands and press the mixture into the pan. Don’t press too firmly or the treats will end up hard and dry. Sprinkle a little flaky sea salt on top, If desired.
- Let them sit for a bit so they can set up, but if you want to dig right into a super gooey Rice Krispie Treat, I won’t tell. It’s hard to wait:)
How to Store
The Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats are best the day they are made, but you can wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or keep them in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days.
More Rice Krispie Treat Recipes
Brown Butter Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats
Classic Rice Krispie Treats just got an upgrade with brown butter, Biscoff cookie butter, Biscoff cookies, and a little flaky sea salt. These might be the best rice krispie treats recipe ever!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into tablespoon pieces
- 16 ounce bag mini marshmallows plus 2 cups, divided
- 1/2 cup Biscoff cookie butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups chopped Biscoff cookies
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling on top, optional
Cover pan with plastic wrap or put the treats in an airtight container and store on the counter for up to 3 days.
Calories: 462kcal, Carbohydrates: 72g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 28mg, Sodium: 335mg, Potassium: 58mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 28g, Vitamin A: 270IU, Calcium: 18mg, Iron: 2mg
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod