Brownie Batter Krispie Treats are a crazy fun spin on two of my most favorite desserts: Rice Krispie Treats and Fudgy Brownies!
Brownie Batter Krispie Treats are my food invention of the week!
Have you ever had an idea that you KNEW you was going to be a THING? I mean I kind of feel that way about a lot of my ideas…and in reality they all don’t turn out to be huge. I know, what a sad story. But today I have a feeling that I have a finger on the pulse of what the worlds wants. I mean, besides world peace and clean water etc.
So Brownie Batter Krispie Treats are my gift to the universe. I will accept payment in the form of Sephora gift cards, please and thank you.
How To Make these Brownie Batter Krispie Treats
If you have made rice crispy treats before, you will have no problem making these! You just need a few extra ingredients to give them that brownie edge. First and foremost you will need brownie mix.
You could even use cocoa krispies if you wanted to boost up the chocolate flavor even more, but I have found that if you do that, they taste less like “brownie batter”and more just like chocolate. Not a bad thing, mind you, just a little off target.
The of course you should chop up some brownies and throw them into the brownie batter krispies as well. And yes, I almost always cheat this step and use premade brownies. If you are an over achiever, or just happen to have some brownies that didn’t get eaten (what?) you can use homemade. I won’t judge you for that, if you don’t judge me for my use of premade. See? We CAN get along!
Mix your chopped brownie pieces right into the rice krispie cereal and stir that all together with the melted marshmallow mixture.
Press the gooey goodness into a pan and wait as long as you’re physically able to cut them into squares.
The Brownie Batter Krispie Treats are sure to bring a smile to anyone’s face. They’re such a fun dessert, and sure to be a crowd pleaser!
makes 16 bars
- 1/4 cup butter
- 10 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 1 cup dry brownie mix
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups cubed brownie pieces
- Line a 9×9 pan with aluminum foil. Coat lightly with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the butter.
- Once the is butter melted, add 8 cups of the mini marshmallows, stirring until melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir the dry brownie mix into the melted marshmallows evenly and then add in your cereal and brownies pieces. Add in the two remaining cups of marshmallows and stir to combine.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan and press down evenly.
- Cool before cutting into bars.
store in an airtight container for up to 3 days