Buffalo Chicken Pizza is a quick and easy pizza recipe, made in just about 30 minutes from start to finish!
I have partnered with my friends over at Fleischmann’s® Yeast for today’s recipe.
I grew up in a house where every Friday, without fail, was pizza night. Of course, as I’ve gotten older and started my own family, I can’t say that I am as religious about Pizza Friday as my mom was, but we do eat our fair share. Also, I live in an area where we don’t have a lot of pizza delivery options, so we make homemade pizza quite often instead of ordering out. Letting everyone get creative with their own toppings is really a fun part of the homemade pizza process!
Buffalo Chicken Pizza is an easy dinner or party appetizer!
You can have this pizza recipe done in under 30 minutes, which is less time than calling out for delivery because I used Fleischmann’s® Rapid Rise™ Yeast. Homemade pizza crust? Serious mom-points right here! It only requires one 10 minute rest period and then it’s on to the toppings…and in today’s recipe, we’re doing a Buffalo Chicken Pizza!
This easy pizza dough recipe comes together in minutes, and you don’t need any crazy tools. You don’t even need a mixer…although you can absolutely use one if you prefer. You mix the dough ingredients together in a large bowl, then knead them on a lightly floured surface for 3-4 minutes until it forms a smooth ball.
You’ll know the dough is ready when you lightly press the dough lightly with two fingers and it springs back!
Another part of what makes this Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe so easy is that you can use shredded rotisserie chicken! You could also cook up some chicken on you own and shred it or cube it, but I’ll take an easy shortcut when I can! Just mix the chicken with a little melted butter and some of your favorite hot sauce.
Once the dough has rested for 10 minutes, go ahead and assemble your pizza! The dough is very easy to work with, which makes this recipe great to use when your kids want to help!
Ranch dressing or blue cheese on your wings?
I am a Ranch girl all the way, so I love using Ranch as the “sauce” on my Buffalo Chicken Pizza. If you are more of a traditionalist, go ahead and use Blue Cheese instead! That’s the beauty of making homemade pizza!
Top the dough with the dressing, then with your Buffalo chicken, then add some mozzarella! Bake for 12-15 minutes and you’re ready to dig in!
This Buffalo Chicken recipe is great for parties too! It’s an easy appetizer idea that so many people will love!
Looking for more Pizza Ideas? I’ve got a bunch!
This fast and delicious pizza recipe is great for a game day appetizer or a weeknight dinner!
- 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s® RapidRise Yeast
- 1 ½ teaspoons granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ? cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cubed or shredded cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ? cup hot sauce
- ½ cup Ranch dressing
- 1 ½ cups grated low moisture mozzarella cheese
- Optional garnish – sliced green onions and extra hot sauce
- In a large bowl combine 1 3/4 cup flour, yeast, sugar, salt, water, and oil. Stir until smooth, adding more flour if necessary. Dough should be slightly sticky, but form a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for 3-4 minutes until smooth and elastic. Alternately you can mix the dough ingredients in your stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment.
- Cover the bowl and allow the dough to rest for 10 minutes. Prepare toppings, while the dough is resting.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, melted butter, and hot sauce until coated. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- When the dough is ready, spread it out 12-15 inches, depending on desired thickness onto a lightly greased pizza pan.
- Spread the ranch dressing evenly on top of the dough.
- Top evenly with prepared chicken, and sprinkle chicken with grated cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and garnish with green onions and and drizzle with extra hot sauce if desired.
- Allow the pizza to rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve warm.
To reheat, preheat oven to 400°F. Place pizza on pizza stone or baking sheet and heat for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Keywords: pizza, cookies and cups, pizza dough, buffalo chicken, chicken recipe, pizza recipe