Cabbage Roll Soup
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:30 minutes Total Time:40 minutes Servings: 6
All of the flavours of beef stuffed cabbage rolls in a quick and easy soup!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups green cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup long grained rice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (or soy sauce)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the beef, onions and carrots in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat, before draining excess grease.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, cabbage, rice, paprika, thyme, oregano, and bay leaves, bring to a boil, reduce the temperature and simmer until the rice is tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Mix in the balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and fish sauce before seasoning with salt and pepper to taste!
Option: Add bacon!
Option: Add a pinch of red pepper flakes along with the garlic!