Cajun Chicken Alfredo
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4
A quick and easy chicken alfredo with cajun seasoning!
- 8 ounces pasta (such as linguine or fettuccine or penne, etc.) (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 1/2 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1/2 tablespoon cajun seasoning (or to taste)
- Start cooking the pasta as directed on the package.
- Heat the oil and melt the butter in a skillet or heavy bottom pan over medium-high heat, season the chicken with the cajun seasoning, add to the pan and sear until cooked, about 2-4 minutes per side, and set aside.
- Add the garlic to the pan and saute, in the remaining oil and butter, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the wine to the pan and deglaze by scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon as the wine sizzles.
- Add the heavy cream, parmesan and cajun seasoning and cook until the cheese has melted and the sauce thickens a bit, about 3-5 minutes.
- Toss the pasta in with the alfredo sauce along with the chicken and enjoy.
Tip: The chicken cooks faster when it’s thin, about 1/2-1 inch thick; pound thicker chicken thin or cut it in half to make it thinner.
Option: Garnish with chopped parsley and/or cilantro, or sliced green onions.
Option: Add a splash of lemon juice at the end.
Option: Add extra meat and/or veggies such as sliced andouille sausage, bell peppers, collard greens, kale, swiss chard, green beans, etc.