A healthy, easy, and creamy Carrot Ginger Soup loaded with delicious roasted carrots, fresh ginger, and bold flavors! This soup is guaranteed to be a favorite!
Carrot Ginger Soup
I am completely obsessed with this Carrot Ginger Soup. I don’t even want to tell you guys how many times I have made it in the last month because it is A LOT! I may turn orange…ha!
This is a SUPER easy soup to make on a weeknight or anytime you’re craving some comfort food with bright flavors. I love how carrots and ginger taste together, and the splash of coconut milk makes it SUPER creamy!
This carrot ginger soup is vegan, vegetarian, dairy-free, and gluten-free, but it is the most delicious soup in all of the land! You HAVE to try it!
Carrot Ginger Soup Ingredients
This soup is made with simple ingredients, but don’t let that fool you. The flavors are outstanding! Roasting the veggies before blending really brings out the best flavors.
For this soup, you will need:
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Vegetable broth
- Fresh ginger
- Coconut milk (you can use lite or regular!)
- Orange juice – Fresh is best! You only need a tablespoon, so there isn’t a ton of juicing required for this. I love how the hint of orange juice brightens the carrots!
- Extra coconut milk, chopped cilantro, or chopped peanuts for garnish. All optional, but all very delicious, too!
Cooking with Fresh Ginger
Make sure you use fresh ginger in this recipe. It has such a distinct, bold, and delicious flavor. You can remove ginger skin by scraping it off with the backside of a spoon, then grate it with a microplane. I suggest buying a big chunk of ginger and freezing it for future use. I always have ginger in the freezer!
How to Make Carrot Ginger Soup
- We’ll use both the oven and the stove top for this recipe! Start with your oven at 400 degrees and a large baking sheet.
- Chop your carrots and onion on the baking sheet alongside the unpeeled garlic cloves. Drizzle everything with olive oil and give it a good toss until it’s all coated in oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the veggies for 30-45 minutes. About halfway through, open your oven and give everything a stir so they roast evenly. You’ll know it’s done when the carrots are tender! Remove from the oven and peel the garlic cloves now that they’re roasted.
- Place the roasted veggies in a blender and add the vegetable broth, ginger, coconut milk, and orange juice. Blend everything until it’s smooth and turns a gorgeous, bright shade of orange! Give it a taste and add salt and pepper, if needed. If the soup is too thick for your liking, you can also add more broth or vegetable broth. I like a thicker soup.
- Serve it up! Garnish with your choice of coconut milk, cilantro, and chopped peanuts.
How to Store Leftover Soup
Store the cooled soup in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week. This soup also freezes really well! Put it in a freezer-safe container and freeze it for up to a month. Thaw in the microwave or a saucepan when you’re craving your favorite soup!
More Soup Recipes
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large yellow onion, thickly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or lite coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- Extra coconut milk, chopped cilantro and chopped peanuts, for garnish, optional
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the carrots, onion, and garlic cloves on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss until vegetables are well coated. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Roast for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring half way through, or until the carrots are tender. Remove from the oven. Peel the roasted garlic cloves.
Place the carrots, onion, and garlic in a blender. Add the vegetable broth, ginger, coconut milk, and orange juice. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
Pour the soup into bowls and garnish with a drizzle of coconut milk, cilantro, and chopped peanuts, if desired. Serve warm.
If you like a thinner soup, you can add more broth or coconut milk until desired consistency is reached.
Carrot Ginger Soup
Amount Per Serving
Calories 203 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 3g15%
Vitamin A 38264IU765%
Vitamin C 18mg22%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
gluten free, vegan
Photos by Molly
Thanks for Sharing!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating and comment below! You can also share a picture on Instagram! Tag @twopeasandpod and use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod.