Cheesy Bacon Ranch Bombs are a soft roll STUFFED with 3 kinds of cheeses, crispy bacon, and ranch seasoning! The perfect Game Day appetizer or party food, or even a quick meal on the go!
This post is part of my partnership with Fleischmann’s® Yeast.
Hi, I’m Shelly and I am an appetizer junkie.
I don’t mean this as a joke. Truly.
I could literally live on snack-appetizer-ish food. I mean, seriously. You know as well as I do that when you go to a restaurant the appetizer and dessert game is where it’s at. Let’s skip the steak and pasta and just eat all the fun food.
I mean who says to their friend/spouse/dining mate, “why did we even bother ordering food”, or “I could have made a meal out of those chips and salsa” EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.
Well, you know what? I am right there with you and totally on board with skipping dinner.
Apps for prez!
Which bring me to today’s most epic snack-ish type food. It’s less than a meal but more than a snack…the Cheesy Bacon Ranch Bomb. If I could have stuffed a veggie in their we would have the perfect food pyramid appetizer.
These epic snacks are sure to elevate your Game Day menu to the next level. We couldn’t stop eating these here in my house and I know you will feel the same. PLUS thanks to Fleischmann’s® RapidRise™ Yeast, there’s less rise time which means you’ll be enjoying these Cheesy Bacon Ranch Bombs in less than an hour from start to finish!
I’ve worked with Fleischmann’s® for years and I truly believe it’s the best and most reliable yeast on the market. I’ve made Personal Snowman Pizzas, Pull Apart Cinnamon Roll Bread, and Cheesy Pizza Breadsticks to name a few. The dough comes together in just a few minutes, and there’s no rise time with this recipe, which makes it a fantastic “Bake It Yourself” recipe to involve your kids.
The dough comes together easily, and if you have a dough hook attachment on your mixer, that can do all the work for you! You just mix your ingredients together, and then let the dough rest for 10 minutes. Once it’s rested roll it out into a large rectangle shape, and cut it into 24 squares.
Oh, and did I mention there’s bacon involved?
Mix together some cream cheese, mozzarella, cheddar, bacon, and ranch seasoning to make the crazy delicious filling.
After you have made the dough and allowed it to rest for just 10 minutes, roll it into a large rectangle and cut it into 24 pieces.
Place a little of the filling on each piece of dough…
And then pinch the dough together and place into a baking dish.
Brush the tops with a little ranch seasoned butter…
And then bake! Oh, and when they’re done, brush them with a little more ranch butter. Thank you.
I can’t even with these things. SO so good!
Your family and friends will love these so much!
Soft rolls, stuffed with a delicious cheesy, bacon, ranch mixture.
1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 envelope Fleischmann’s® RapidRise Yeast
1-1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2/3 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound bacon, cooked crispy, diced
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch seasoning
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dry ranch seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spay a 9×9 baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil and mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough (I used a little less than 2 cups). Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Replace the paddle attachment with a dough hook and mix on medium speed for 4 minutes. Alternately this step can be done by hand, if you prefer. Dough should form a smooth, elastic ball. Cover and let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, prepare the filling. Mix together the mozzarella, cheddar, cream cheese, and ranch seasoning in a large bowl until evenly combined. Set aside.
- On a floured surface roll the rested dough out to 14×12-inch rectangle and using a pizza cutter or knife cut into 24 squares. Place 1 tablespoon of the bacon cheese mixture on the center of each square. Pull corners together to enclose filling, pinching to seal. Place in the prepared pan, seam side down.
- To make the topping, mix together the melted butter and ranch seasoning in a medium bowl. Brush half of this mixture onto the tops of the dough balls. Reserve the rest of the butter for later.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the dough is lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and brush with the remaining ranch seasoned butter, heating up in the microwave for 10 seconds, if necessary.
- Serve warm.