Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup
Prep Time:15 minutes Cook Time:45 minutes Total Time:1 hour Servings: 8
All of the amazing flavours of chicken cordon bleu in a downright comforting bowl of chicken soup!
- 4 strip bacon, cut into 1inch pieces
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour (rice flour for gluten-free)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced or shredded
- 2 cup ham, diced
- 1 pound potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon white miso paste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped (optional)
- Cook the bacon in a large sauce pan and set aside reserving the bacon grease in the pan.
- Add the onions, carrots, and celery and cook over medium-high heat until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Sprinkle in the flour and cook until lightly golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the broth, cream, chicken, ham, and potatoes, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are render, about 10 minutes.
- Add the cheese, mustard and miso and cook until the cheese has melted, before mixing in the lemon juice and parsley and serving!
Tip: I like to use rotisserie chicken to keep things nice and easy!
Option: Fry some ham until nice and golden brown and crispy to garnish the soup with.