Loaded with colorful veggies and tender chicken, this delicious Chicken Fried Rice is an easy one pan meal that’s packed with flavor, the whole family will love it!
Easy Chicken Fried Rice
A homemade version of the classic takeout makes for the best weeknight dinner! It’s super satisfying without feeling heavy. Savory and delicious, with a wonderful depth of flavor from the toasted sesame oil, this is a simple dish that packs a tasty punch!
Why You’ll Love this Chicken Fried Rice Recipe:
- A ONE PAN MEAL: So easy! Made with pantry staples, this is a 30 min meal that’s whipped up in one pan, quicker than ordering takeout!
- KID FRIENDLY: Loaded with protein packed chicken and eggs, this is a healthier alternative to take out, the kids will love it!
- GREAT FOR MEAL PREP: Perfect for planning ahead, this easy fried rice recipe freezers really well and can be stored for up to 2 months.
Everyone will fall in love with this filling and delicious one pan meal!
How to Make Chicken Fried Rice
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Scramble eggs in an oiled wok or large pan, then set aside eggs in a bowl.
- Cook your chicken in the wok, followed by your onions, seasoning, veggies and cooked rice.
- Stir in the scrambled eggs, green onions and sesame oil then serve!
Yes! To make this recipe gluten free, use tamari or coconut aminos in place of the soy sauce.
For classic fried rice, white rice is best. For a healthier swap, use an equal amount of brown rice or riced cauliflower.
1 cup of uncooked rice yields 3 cups of cooked rice.
Absolutely! Choose a mix of your family’s favorite fresh or frozen veggies, such as corn, green beans, broccoli, or edamame, totaling ½ cup. Note that some vegetables take longer to cook than others, so adjust the cook time accordingly.
This easy chicken fried rice recipe is a filling dinner on its own, but yu can certainly amp things up with a side or two. Here are some favorites:
Healthier than take out and not greasy. Leftovers are delicious too, if there’s any left!
Store leftover chicken fried rice in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Let the chicken fried rice cool completely, transfer to an airtight container, and freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
More One Pan Recipes We Love
An easy one pan meal, that’s hearty, packed with flavor and the whole family will love? Yes please! Chicken friend rice is loaded with delicious flavors and perfect for a lick smacking weeknight meal!
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!