Ingredients: Chicken Burgers,2 lbs ground chicken,¼ cup diced onion,¼ cup diced red bell pepper,¼ cup chopped cilantro,4 garlic cloves, finely diced,1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes,2 tsp chili powder,2 tsp lime juice,1 tsp salt,1 tsp pepper,Buns for serving,Guacamole,2 avocados,1 tsp cumin,1 tsp lime juice,¼ tsp salt,¼ pepper,¼ pepper
- Mix together chicken, onions, red pepper, cilantro, crushed red pepper, chili powder, lime juice, salt and pepper. I mixed together that morning and let sit in the fridge until dinner that night, about 8 hours. You dont have to do that, it just gives the meat some time to absorb all the flavor.
- Heat up the grill on Medium heat.
- Form into 6 patties.
- Once grill is hot, add burgers and cook about 5-7 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Try not to move them around so you can get some grill marks.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash avocado with cumin, lime, salt and pepper to your desired guacamole consistency. I leave mine a little chunky.
- When burgers are finished, place on a bun and top with guacamole. We had this with a side of Spanish rice. So fresh and delicious!
- Printable Recipe
- Recipe adapted from The Housewife in Training Files