These No-Bake Mini Cheesecake Bites are a creamy and indulgent dessert that are low in carbs and high in deliciousness! You can make these little morsels ahead of time for on-demand, yet guilt free indulgence.
My Favorite Mini Cheesecakes
As if cheesecake itself wasn’t perfect enough, someone thought up mini cheesecakes, and you guys, I’ve been obsessed with them since the early 2000’s.
They are so delicious and so versatile, and in this recipe, they’re low-carb, too! Yes, and Keto approved. I’m sure once you try them, low-carbin’ fan or not, you’ll find it hard to keep from whipping up a batch regularly.
This is a Low Carb Dessert with Protein!
If desserts are your thing, going Keto or low carb can be a bit challenging at first because, the usual sweets are mostly off-limits. But, recipes like this one can make the low-carb life a little easier and a lot of fun!
Sweet, creamy, and satisfying, these individual “bites” of cheesecake are actually a decent source of protein, thanks to the cream, cream cheese, and some protein powder. They can be flavored in many tasty ways, too!
The ingredients for these mini cheesecake bites are all basic, easy-to-find items that come together in a snap, by mixer or in a blender. That makes it super easy to stir up a batch on the fly!
- Cream: You’ll need 3/4-cup of heavy or whipping cream.
- Protein Powder: I use plain protein powder, about 1/3-cup.
- Sweetener: You can use whatever powdered sweetener you prefer. Keep in mind that some are sweeter than others so adjust accordingly.
- Cream Cheese: Cube 8 ounces of good cream cheese and let it soften to room temperature. This is important because you don’t want to end up with grainy cheesecakes.
- Chopped Nuts: These are optional. If you use them, you’ll need about ⅓ cup of walnuts, almonds, pecans or other nuts.
- Sugar-Free Flavored Syrup: I use sugar-free chocolate syrup, but any sugar-free flavor is fine.
- Vanilla: You’ll need one teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- Berries, Nuts: For sprinkling on top, optional.
How to Make Mini Cheesecake Bites
How hard is it to make cheesecake? Well, that depends on the recipe. Some traditional cheesecake recipes can be very challenging, but this easy version is a snap. Just stir it up and freeze!
- Prep Tray or Molds: Coat an empty ice cube tray, or silicone candy molds, with olive oil spray. Set aside.
- Whisk Cream, Protein Powder & Sweetener: In a large mixing bowl, combine the heavy cream, protein powder and sweetener; whisk until well incorporated and smooth.
- Cream Cheese: Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Mix in Remaining Ingredients: To the cream cheese, add the heavy cream mixture and continue to mix until creamy and smooth. Taste for sweetness and adjust accordingly.
- Consistency of the batter should be thick, but pourable. If it’s too runny, you may mix in a little more protein powder, or add in 1/8 teaspoon Xanthan gum.
- Pour & Freeze: Add the cream cheese mixture to the previously prepared ice cube tray or molds. Sprinkle the tops with berries, nuts, and/or sea salt, if desired. Freeze for an hour, or until frozen solid.
- Enjoy! Serve these mini cheesecake bites right out of the freezer.
Tips for Success
You really can’t go wrong with these tasty frozen goodies. There are a few other ideas I can throw atcha, though, if you’d like to take them in a different direction!
- Add Lemon: If you want a little extra zing, try omitting the chocolate syrup and adding lemon zest, to taste.
- Add Almond: Is your cheesecake mixture sweet enough, but still missing some oomph? You can put in a drop or two of pure almond extract at a time, for a delicate liqueur taste and depth.
- Try Dairy-Free: Some cooks use dairy-free “cream cheese” and “cream,” for no-bake cheesecakes, making this dessert an option for those who have milk allergies. The texture and flavor may vary, but they’ll still be creamy and delicious!
How should you top your mini cheesecake bites? I like to eat mine straight up, but they’re also wonderful with any cheesecake-friendly topping you might imagine! Some ideas include:
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Caramel Sauce
- Crushed Graham Crackers or Cookies (these will add carbs, of course, so it’s up to you!)
- Blueberries or Strawberries
- Crushed Pineapple
- Your Favorite Jam
- Toffee Bits
- Chocolate-Covered Coffee Beans
- A Cup of Coffee (okay, so that’s not a topping, but still, it would be amazing on the side!)
How to Store Mini Cheesecakes
- Keto cheesecake bites need to be stored in the freezer, similar to ice cream bars and other frozen goodies. They’re the perfect single-serve treat (hello, midnight cravings). You can un-mold them and wrap individually, and then place in freezer bags.
- Frozen cheesecake bites will keep for up to one month in the freezer.
More Keto Friendly Desserts
No Bake Mini Cheesecake Bites
Sumptuously cute little morsels, my No-Bake Mini Cheesecake Bites are a fresh, creamy, indulgent dessert choice that’s low in carbs, Keto-friendly, and high in deliciousness!
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup unsweetened plain protein powder
- 2 tablespoons powdered sweetener,
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened, cut into several cubes for easier mixing
- 1 tablespoon sugar free chocolate syrup, you can use any other flavored sugar-free syrup, like caramel or strawberry
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup chopped nuts, walnuts, almonds, pecans, etc…, optional
- berries, mini dark chocolate chips, sea salt, etc… for topping, optional
Coat an empty ice cube tray(s) (or silicone candy molds) with olive oil spray. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl combine heavy cream, protein powder, and sweetener; whisk until well incorporated and smooth. Set aside.
In a separate mixing bowl combine softened cream cheese, syrup, and vanilla; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until completely creamy and smooth.
Add heavy cream mixture to the cream cheese mixture and continue to mix with the mixer until well incorporated and smooth. Consistency should be thick, but pourable; like a cheesecake batter.IF mixture is too thin, add a little more protein powder; if mixture is too thick, add a bit more heavy cream, 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time.
Taste for sweetness and adjust accordingly.
If you like, at this point, you can fold in some chopped nuts.
Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the ice cube trays or molds. Sprinkle the tops with berries, nuts, and/or sea salt.
Freeze for 1 to 2 hours, or until frozen.
Take out from freezer and pop out the cheesecake bites. For easier removal, I suggest to put the bottom of the ice cube trays in hot water for just 1 minute, and then pop out the bites.
For easier serving, pop out all of the cheesecake bites and transfer them to a ziploc bag; store in the freezer.
No Bake Mini Cheesecake Bites
Amount Per Serving (1 cheesecake bites)
Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 4g20%
Vitamin A 289IU6%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Keywords: mini cheesecakes, cheesecake bites, mini cheesecake bites, easy cheesecake recipe, no bake cheesecake, no bake dessert recipes, no bake cheesecake recipe