Chocolate cookies dotted with mint chocolate chips! If you like chocolate and mint together, you will LOVE these easy cookies! They are the perfect cookies for Christmas or any day!
Yes, I am posting another cookie recipe. I am not going to apologize because these are worth posting and “tis the season,” right? I just can’t stop baking. I love baking during the holidays and I need to, it is my duty. We have lots of friends, neighbors, and family that deserve treats.
Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies are perfect for the holidays. The dark chocolate cookie dough was perfect for the bright green mint chips. These cookies are ooohhh soooo chocolaty! They are soft, rich, and the mint chips add a refreshing touch.
If you like chocolate and mint together, you are going to LOVE these cookies! They remind me of mint chocolate chip ice cream, but in cookie form. Oooh, and I just had an idea, these cookies would make GREAT ice cream sandwiches. Take two cookies and stuff chocolate mint chip ice cream in the center. Now, we are talking. Talk about the perfect chocolate mint dessert!
For these chocolate mint cookies, I use Guittard green mint chocolate chips. Several grocery stores carry them, especially during the holiday months. You can also order them online. If you can’t find them, you can use Andes Mint Baking Chips, they work well too.
Forget the after dinner mint and grab a chocolate mint chip cookie instead.
If you like these chocolate mint cookies, you might also like:
Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies
Chocolate cookies dotted with mint chocolate chips are a family favorite, especially during the holidays.
Yield: About 3 dozen cookies
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Dutch processed cocoa
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups mint chocolate chips, divided (you will need 2 bags)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa. Set aside.
- With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time. Next, add in vanilla extract. Mix until just combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture and beat until just combined. Mix in the 2 cups of the mint chocolate chips.
- Roll cookies into balls, about 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie. Place cookie balls on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Top the cookies with remaining mint chocolate chips. Sticking them on top and the sides. This will make the cookies pretty:)
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are set, but still soft in the center. Don’t overbake. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Note-this recipe was originally posted in 2009, but I updated the recipe because some readers had issues with the dough being crumbly. The chocolate base recipe is now different. It has eggs and no milk. The new recipe is perfection! I hope you like the cookies!
All images and text © .
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!