Ingredients: 2 cups all-purpose flour,2 teaspoons baking powder,1/2 teaspoon baking soda,1/4 teaspoon salt,6 tablespoons Kelapo Coconut Oil,8 tablespoons light brown sugar,3 medium ripe bananas,3/4 cup of milk,1 teaspoon vanilla extract,1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes,1 cup of chopped mixed nuts, toasted (I use cashews, almonds,,handful of sliced almonds for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven at 35
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the coconut oil and the light brown sugar.
- Continue to mix as you add in the bananas, then the milk and vanilla.
- Mix for another 2 minutes. You are looking for a smooth batter.
- Next, while still mixing, add in the dry ingredients, one tablespoon at a time, making sure each addition is mixed in well before adding the next.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the chopped nuts and the coconut flakes.
- Transfer to a loaf pan and sprinkle the top with sliced almonds.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.