Coconut Pineapple Banana Bread
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes Servings: 12
A moist tropical banana bread with coconut and pineapple!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil (or vegetable oil or butter)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (or sugar)
- 3 large eggs
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed (~1 cup)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix the melted coconut oil, sugar, maple syrup, eggs, banana and pineapple.
- Mix the flour mixture into the wet mixture before mixing in the coconut.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until golden brown on top and a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 60 minutes.
- Let cool and remove from the pan.
- Mix the powdered sugar and pineapple juice, pour it over the bread and sprinkle on the shredded coconut.
- Let the icing set before slicing and enjoy!
Tip: Reserve the pineapple juice from the crushed pineapple for the icing sugar.
Option: Add 1 teaspoon lemon zest to the icing!
Tip: Adding more powdered sugar to the icing will allow it to set more solidly.