Creamy Cajun Tomato and Garlic Shrimp Pasta
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:20 minutes Total Time:30 minutes Servings: 4
Cajun shrimp in a quick and easy creamy tomato and garlic sauce!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or dry white wine)
- 8 ounces pasta (such as linguine)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Start bringing a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the shrimp, seasoned with the cajun seasoning, and cook until cooked, about 1-2 minutes per side, before setting aside.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook until just tender, about 5-7 minutes before adding the red pepper and cooking for another 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth and scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon as the broth sizzles.
- Add the pasta to the now boiling water and cook until al-dente tender, about 7-9 minutes (as per the packages directions) and drain.
- Meanwhile, add the tomatoes, cream, cajun seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce to the sauce, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Add the cheese and cook until the cheese melted into the sauce.
- Drain the pasta, toss with the sauce and the shrimp and enjoy garnished with the parsley!
Option: Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice to the sauce at the end.