What are the key ingredients in this Greek-inspired vegan recipe?
Greek cuisine is known for its fresh ingredients and bold flavors. And if you’re following a vegan diet, you don’t have to miss out on the deliciousness. This Greek-inspired recipe is not only tasty, but also packed with nutrients your body will thank you for.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, chickpeas, cucumber, tomato, red onion, Kalamata olives, parsley, and mint.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa salad and toss to combine.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors meld together.
- Serve and enjoy!
This Greek-inspired vegan salad is perfect for lunch, dinner, or as a side dish. It’s filling, flavorful, and packed with plant-based protein, fiber, healthy fats, and vitamins. Plus, it’s easy to customize to your liking. Add some roasted red pepper, feta cheese or avocado, or swap quinoa for couscous or bulgur. The possibilities are endless!