Ingredients: 1 cup baby carrots, sliced ¼ inch,1 lb cremini (baby bella) mushrooms, slice ¼ thick,2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced,4 green onions, sliced thin,1 tbsp olive oil,2 cups orzo pasta,1 (14.5 oz) can reduced sodium chicken broth,salt and pepper,4 boneless skinless chicken breast,1 tbsp unsalted butter,½ cup whipping cream
- Cook orzo according to package directions.Trim and pound chicken breast to in thickness. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sear chicken for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from pan, cover and keep warm.Melt butter in the same pan.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 1 minute to brown.
- Add carrots and garlic to pan and continue to cook for 3 minutes.Deglaze pan with broth and bring to a boil. Return chicken to plan, cover, reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Add cream to pan and stir. Turn chicken to coat in sauce.Top with green onion and serve over orzo.