These Easy Mint Chocolate Truffles are an easy no bake Christmas dessert perfect for gift giving! They have a smooth creamy mint center and are covered in dark chocolate. Includes step by step recipe video.
One of my all time favorite Christmas combos, friends — mint chocolate!
I actually don’t usually let myself maybe a bunch of Christmas candy because, well — I will usually eat all the Christmas candy. But this year I let myself go a little crazy. I love having treats to gift and these truffles are perfect because I can hide them from myself in the bottom of the freezer, and just take them out when I need a quick present for a neighbor or teacher or family friend. Provided the husband doesn’t get to them before I do…. ?
This recipe is inspired by the Lindt chocolate mint truffles — do you know the ones?? You guys. My love for Lindt truffles is pretty big (I’m not paid to say that, I’m just actually kind of obsessed.).
I recently discovered the strawberries ‘n’ cream truffles, and between those and the mint chocolate and the little white chocolate ones with the chocolate cookie bits (they are like a cookies and cream but with a fancier name) — I couldn’t really say which I love more.
And so, this is why I don’t usually get to make truffles. I have a bit of a thing for chocolates.
But since it’s the holidays and we’re all splurging a bit anyways, here we are! I would love to hear what your favorite flavors of chocolate truffles are — there may be a few more batches in my future ?
Tips and Tricks for Making these Mint Chocolate Truffles:
- I had a vision for the centers of these truffles being super smooth and creamy, so I added just a bit of cream cheese. For this reason, the chilling and freezing is really important! You will want to follow the directions closely so you don’t have lumpy truffles.
- Resist the urge to add anything to the chocolate to help it melt easier — your coating will not be firm if it’s not 100% chocolate.
- Feel free to mix up the extracts to make a truffle totally your own! Orange extract would also be wonderful.
Watch the recipe video and see how easy they are to make!
(about 1 1/2 cups chopped) white chocolate
tablespoons heavy cream
teaspoon mint extract
green food coloring
oz (1/4 pkg) cream cheese, room temperature
cups (about 225g) chopped dark or semisweet chocolate
- In a medium bowl, combine white chocolate, cream, extract and food coloring if desired. Melt in a microwave in 15-20 second intervals, stirring well each time, just until melted.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add melted white chocolate and whisk or beat on low, just until combined (do not overmix!). Cover and place in the fridge to set, at least 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Scoop out 1″ balls using a teaspoon, roll until smooth and place on a plate (I get about 20). Place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- In a very small pot, bring 1″ of water to a boil. Reduce heat to low and place a glass bowl over top, so that it is resting on the pot and not touching the water. Add the dark chocolate and melt, stirring frequently.
- When melted, dip each truffle and place on a plate or baking sheet to set in the refrigerator. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or the freezer for up to 4 months.