Simplest and most delicious muffins you will create. And they are moist, grain free, deliciousness for breakfast or a snack. Pure love.
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 3 tbs coconut oil, melted + cooled
- 1/3 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a regular sized muffin tray with cups/liners.
Combine the first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl.
Combine the wet ingredients into a separate bowl.
Pour the wet into the dry and mix until just combined. Fold in the chips. Fill the muffin liners 3/4 way full. Optional, garnish tops with extra chips.
Bake for 25 minutes or until just golden brown on tops.
Yields 8 regular sized muffins.
- If you don’t have almond meal, you can make your own — just throw some raw almonds into your food processor and grind into a coarse meal.
- If you don’t have flax meal (ground up flax seeds), you can sub in more almond meal.
- Recipe can be 100 % dairy free if you use almond or coconut milk.