- 2 large russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Then, using a mandoline slicer or a sharp knife, slice the potatoes into thin rounds. Aim for thickness between 1/16-inch and 1/8-inch.
- Place the potato slices in a large bowl and add the olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Toss well to coat all the potato slices evenly.
- Arrange the potato slices in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the potato chips are golden and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
You can experiment with different flavor combinations to create your own custom potato chips. Here are some ideas:
- Add grated Parmesan cheese and chopped rosemary to the spice mix for a more herbaceous flavor.
- Sprinkle some chili powder and cayenne pepper for a spicy kick.
- Use smoked paprika instead of regular paprika for a smoky flavor.
- Add some onion powder and cumin for a more savory taste.
- Drizzle some honey and sprinkle a little sea salt for a sweet and salty snack.