- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- If the chicken breasts are uneven in thickness, pound them to an even thickness with a meat mallet.
- In a bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg.
- Dip each chicken breast in the beaten egg, then coat in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, spoon marinara sauce over each breast, and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Return the chicken to the oven and continue baking for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil, if desired.
About this Recipe
This chicken parmesan recipe is a classic Italian dish that’s perfect for a special dinner. The chicken is coated with a flavorful breadcrumb mixture and baked until crispy, then topped with marinara sauce and melted mozzarella cheese. It’s a delicious and comforting meal that everyone will love!